Eutech water quality instruments are well supported throughout South Africa, making them the first choice as an analytical tool. Some stocks, service backup and accessories are all available within South Africa.
We have equipment for the following parameters:
- pH: The measure of a liquid’s acidity and alkalinity, pH is one of the most common parameter measured in a wide variety of industries ranging from water and wastewater treatment, chemical production, agriculture research and production, environmental monitoring, chemical and life sciences research, biochemical and pharmaceutical research, electronics production to food processing and other industrial applications.
- Oxidation reduction potential (ORP): Eutech offers a wide range of ORP meters that measure both pH and ORP values in various educational, laboratory and industrial applications. These include ORPTestr™10 pocket tester, portable meters CyberScan Series pH 300, pH 310, pH 11 and pH 110, EcoScan pH 6 and the CyberScan bench meter series 510, 1100, 2100, 1500 and the colour touchscreen research-grade series 6000.
Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) or Redox potential measurements are used to monitor chemical reactions, to quantify ion activity, or to determine the oxidizing or reducing properties of a solution. ORP is a measurement of the electrical potential of a redox reaction and serves as a yardstick to judge how much oxidation or reduction takes place under existing conditions.
- Ion specific : Eutech offers a wide selection of Ion Selective Electrodes (ISE) and meters for the measurement of ammonia, bromide, cadmium, calcium, carbon dioxide, carbonate, chloride, copper, cyanide, fluoride, iodide, lead, nitrate, potassium, silver, sulfide and sodium.
- Conductivity: Some applications require the measurement of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in mg/L, parts per million (ppm) or parts per thousand (ppt). The TDS concentration can be obtained by multiplying the conductivity value with a factor which is empirically determined. The total TDS is a mass estimate and is dependent on the mix of chemical species as well as the concentration while Conductivity is only dependent on the concentration of chemical species. Eutech offers a wide range of conductivity meters for these various applications.
Electrical Conductivity (EC) meters measure the capacity of ions in an aqueous solution to carry electrical current. As the ranges in aqueous solutions are usually small, the basic units of measurements are milliSiemens/cm (mS/cm) and microSiemens/cm (µS/cm).
- Total dissolved solids (TDS): The total TDS is a mass estimate and is dependent on the mix of chemical species as well as the concentration while conductivity is only dependent on the concentration of chemical species. Some applications require the measurement of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in mg/L, parts per million (ppm) or parts per thousand (ppt). The TDS concentration can be obtained by multiplying the conductivity value with a factor which is empirically determined. Eutech offers meters that allow the direct reading of TDS values. These include the TDSTestr™ series, EcoScan TDS 6, CyberScan Standard Portables CON 11, CON 110 and Waterproof Portable CON 410. Bench meters for advanced level laboratory research are the CyberScan CON 510, CON 1500 and colour touchscreen research-grade CON 6000.
- Salinity: Salinity measurements are common in industries like agriculture, aquaculture, hydroponics, food, pools and spas where it is necessary to monitor the salt level constantly. The values are usually read in parts per thousand (ppt) or % (1 ppt = 1 gram per litre).
The Eutech Salinity Pocket Testers SaltTestr™ series and EcoScan Salt 6 are specially developed to provide direct readings in these applications.
- Dissolved oxygen: DO stands for Dissolved Oxygen, which is the measure of amount of gaseous oxygen dissolved in a solution. In theory, the amount of DO in a solution is dependent on 3 factors, namely temperature, salinity and atmospheric pressure. The measurement of DO requires a special DO electrode that is made up of an anode, a cathode, electrolyte solution and a gas permeable membrane.
- Colorimetry: Eutech’s latest range of portable waterproof colorimeters measure Chlorine (Free and Total), Cyanuric Acid, pH, Chlorine Dioxide, Bromine and Ozone. The applications include water analysis in swimming pools, spas, public utilities, industrial wastewater plants, municipal water, treated water, water conditioning systems and paper and pulp mills.
- Turbidity: The Eutech CyberScan TB 1000 Turbidimeter meets the performance criteria specified by US EPA method 180.1 for NTU measurement. In addition, the infrared light source models meet the ISO 7027 standards of measurement. The Eutech Waterproof Portable TN 100 Turbidimeter designed for testing on-the-go features laboratory accuracy and excellent repeatability with US EPA approved non-formazin standards and is ISO 7027 compliant.
- Temperature: handheld and palm top
- Multi-parameter instruments: Most of these meters are able to measure 2 or more parameters.